Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ornament Wreaths

Merry Christmas (almost). Every year I try to DIY some Christmas presents without them looking DIY. I do this for two reasons. First, I think they are more meaningful. Second, they give me something to do during my down time. It's also a bonus if they save me money.

Last year I made personalized ornaments. They turned out nice but I needed to try something different this year. I frequently lurk (and occassionally post) on The Nest message boards. This year one of the DIY projects that kept coming up was the ornament wreath. After seeing a post on one of the boards, I was inspired to make my own. The girl who posted it has her own blog and posted the directions. Since she did a great job writing up the directions, I will not repeat them. Here is the link for her how-to.

I made two wreaths. I made a brown and gold one for myself (please excuse the poorly painted windows).



Then, I made a red, silver, and green wreath for my mom.

I actually prefer how my smaller wreath turned out over the larger one. The larger one took so much more time and ornaments. It is a good idea to use shatterproof ornaments. I did not which was fine for my wreath but a pain in the butt for the other one. I got a few cuts and had to replace many broken ornaments in the assembly process.

Overall, this was a great project. I am looking forward to making more next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thank so much for posting a link to my how to! I'm glad that it helped you and love your gold wreath!

    ReplyDelete