Friday, December 11, 2009

Nail Polish Love: OPI Holiday Glow

Let me begin this post by saying that I have not always appreciated the many different colors of nail polish available. I used to always be a pale pink wearer. Don't get me wrong, I still love me some pink. However, I was inspired last spring by this post over at one of my favorite blogs All Things G&D. Most people around here do not wear bright, vibrant shades like those and that post showed me that it is ok to wear them.
My obsession started slowly with a pinkish shade for the summer. From there I decided that I had to have more. You see, nail polish is a fairly inexpensive way to change your look. If you haven't noticed, the economy sucks right now. I have heard that lipstick sales go up when the economy is bad. Nail polish is my version of lipstick.

Anyway, let me get to my real reason for this post. I have found what might be my dream nail polish. It comes from the OPI Holiday Wishes collection and it is called Holiday Glow.

(this picture is not in the best light but is a fairly good representation of the color)

This polish is a dark brown with subtle gold glittler. It is my answer for the perfect holiday nail polish. I am kind of over reds for the holiday so this is a nice alternative. It is festive without screaming Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment