Sunday, December 20, 2009

Crazy Week

This past week was insane. One of the kids in my class has severe behavior problems and has kept me on my toes. I came home from work almost every night completely exhausted. On Wednesday I was ready to go to bed at 7:00. One of the only things that kept me going was my secret Santa. She showered me with fabulous gifts like chocolate, diet Pepsi and nail polish. I had absolutely no idea who it was which added to the fun.

Monday, I finished up all of my Christmas shopping except for one gift card. Tuesday and Wednesday I had Odyssey Practice. If you have never heard of Odyssey of the Mind you should check out the website. It is a fabulous program that encourages kids to work as a team and think outside the box.

Thursday was a day like no other. David came home after being on the road for the week. He decided to fix a light switch that we've been having problems with. Apparently continually tripping the breaker was a bad idea because our main breaker ended up melting. We had to have the electric company shut off our power and had to call the fire department to make sure everything was ok. It was about 12 degrees out so I went to my mother-in-law's house to keep warm while David fixed it. We weren't able to get the power turned back on until about 11. Needless to say, I was pretty tired the next day.

Friday was David's Christmas party for work. It was fun but nothing too special. Yesterday I had Odyssey practice early. Then we had to go to a cookie exchange at his mom's house and a Christmas party later. I feel like I have not stopped in 6 days. I didn't get any pictures of the cookies yesterday but hopefully I will be able to make that recipe again before Christmas and post it.

Sorry this is such a long, rambling, picture less post but I needed to get it all out. I am currently waiting for some cookies to chill. When I bake them in a couple of hours I will make sure to post them. I am also currently working on an ornament wreath that I hope to finish tonight so I will post that when I am done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment