Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mother. I appreciate everything you do for me. I'm not sure I would be sane without you.



And to my mother-in-law, Donna, thank you for raising a great son. I feel blessed to have you in my life. We may not be extremely close but I know I can always count on you.

For Mother's Day, we decided to get our mothers hydrangeas. My mom specifically mentioned last week that she wanted one. My mother-in-law is an avid gardener so flowers or plants are always a great gift. When I gave my mom her plant today she was so excited and said that she hoped I had been listening when she mentioned it last week.
The one on the left was for my mom. It is a bluish purple. I know she wanted a blue one so I got as close as I could. Here is a closer look at the color of that one:


My mother-in-law's is on the right. She almost did not get this plant. After driving around with it in my car today, I fell in love with the color of this one. I even went as far as going to the store to see if they had anymore that I could give her. Unfortunately for me, they were all gone by this afternoon. Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy it at her house. Here's a better look at the color:


We spent the afternoon at my grandparents' house. I made some awesome strawberry cupcakes to share. I will make sure the post the recipe this week as they were seriously amazing. My mouth is watering just writing about them.

I hope all you moms, moms-to-be, and future moms had a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment