Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Product Review: Neutrogena Healthy Skin® liquid makeup & SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

(image source: neutrogena.com)
Before my wedding I took a trip to Sephora for makeup. I chose to do my own makeup instead of paying for someone to do it. I walked out with $250 worth of makeup and perfume including Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation. I love how that foundation makes my skin look until it's time to take it off. Then, I tend to break out. As a result, I went on the hunt for a new foundation. I was intrigued by Revlon Colorstay but I've heard it's thick which I didn't really want. I decided to try a Neutrogena foundation since I usually have pretty good luck with their products (see my review of the makeup removing cloths). After spending what had to be an hour staring at the different foundations, I decided to try the Healthy Skin foundation. I have trouble with little bumps on my face and was hoping that this would help. In general I like this foundation but it doesn't have a wow factor for me. So far I haven't seen a change in the texture of my skin. Also, I find that my T-zone feels a little oily as the day goes on. I have pretty dry skin so this is out of the ordinary for me. I plan on using up this bottle, but I'm not sure that I will be purchasing this one again.

The other product that I decided to try was the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer.


I LOVE this product. At the time I had this annoying blemish forming under the surface of my skin. The stupid thing had been around for like a week. It couldn't make up its mind whether it should come out or just go away. I had putting my favorite acne spot treatment on with no luck. My usual concealer was not doing a good job of covering it up either. Finally, I decided to give this a try. I am so glad I did. Within a day, my blemish had shrunk to almost nothing. The best part is that it also concealed it while looking completely natural. This is think enough that it does not look cakey but thick enough to actually cover up the zit. This isn't a miracle product but I am sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment