Sunday, February 7, 2010

No exuse

I don't have any good excuses for not blogging earlier. Well, maybe that isn't true. After I typed that, I remembered that report cards and IEP progress notes were due this week, my husband left to go to a school for a month, and I got sucked in by this book:
(image source: amazon.com)

This one was just as good as Sloppy Firsts. I bought this on a Saturday and had it finished by 8:30 Sunday night. I became even more intrigued by these books when I realized that Jessica Darling was the same age as me. I made this connection when she described 9/11 happening in the fall of her senior year. Her story was just like mine. She had decided to go to Columbia University when suddenly our country was attacked. I couldn't believe it as I read this. I was actually scheduled to go visit a college on Long Island the week after 9/11. The trip was obviously cancelled and my world was shaken. Her story continued to parallel my life throughout the book. I can't wait to buy the third book today.

On another note, I have decided to buy a Kindle. After I finished Second Helpings, I found myself wishing that I could instantly download the next book. I think I have convinced Dave that I need one so I think that will be my Valentine's Day present. I did a little research and I think I have decided on the Kindle over other e-readers. If you have a Kindle or another e-reader, let me know how you like it. What are the pros and cons of the one you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment